Friday, July 24, 2015

Fun Friday


It's my last day for linking up with Freebielicious! Today is all about Fun Friday :)

Because I teach first grade, I think it is so important for my kids to think learning and being at school is fun! So we try to do lots of fun things with our learning in my classroom. 

I love to incorporate games into our learning. Every week I have different games that go along with our phonics topic that students can play as a fast finisher when they are done with their center work. The students really love the idea of playing games and I love the idea of them practicing skills we are learning. 

Probably my students' favorite fun thing we do is Go Noodle. You can read more about that in this blog post. 

Finally, we also love to read :) Reading is fun. Listening to stories is fun. Experiencing books as a class is one of my most favorite parts of teaching! We love reading about the Pigeon, Gerald and Piggy, David, Mercy Watson, Fly Guy and so many other characters. My kids are always asking if we have time to read together for just a little bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment